Save the Date for the 120th Annual Reardan Mule Days
June 1st 2024
see everyone next year
PICTURES from 2023 (if you have pictures to add to our website email them to ReardanMuleDays@gmail.com)
Photos from Year 2022 Poker Ride — Share your pictures email to ReardanMuleDays@gmail.com
2024 3rd Annual Horse and Mule Poker Ride & Crazy 8 Ride
You don’t need to know a great deal about either card game to take part, other than what beats what in the scoring and even that is done by the Dealers. Essentially the Mule-Horse Ride is an excuse to Ride around and to have a good time at the Dealer route stops.
Riders meet at a pre-arranged Start Check point (Reardan HS Baseball Fields) and pick up details of their route and the stops they need to make. Each Rider is given a Game Sheet which will be filled in as they progress along the route. At each designated stop, the Rider draws a card at random. The card drawn is recorded by the Dealer on each Rider’s Game Sheet, and the winner of the Ride is the Rider who makes the best Game Sheet Hand at the end of the event.
WHEN AND WHERE THE RIDE WILL BE:
Reardan High School Baseball Field on SATURDAY June 1st 2024. Registration starts at 1:00 and the ride starts at 2:00. The ride will end at 4:30 at the designated “last stop” of the route. Ranking of the Game Sheets and the awarding of the prizes will start at 4:45.
After your ride enjoy the Adult Street Dance (click here for the bands playing)
RIDER ENTRY FEE:
Rider Registration Entry Fee for 18 and Older Poker Ride $30.00
Rider Registration Entry Fee for 17 and Younger Crazy 8 Ride $10.00
Register June 1st starting at 1:00 at start of the Ride
Register and pay On-Line through May 31st at 9pm
GROUND RULES: Decisions of the Dealers are final!
* The first thing to stress is that although this is a “Ride”, there are no prizes for speed – it does not matter who is first to complete the course. It is not a race.
* The winning hand is determined by standard Poker Hand rankings or standard Crazy 8 points. Deck “wild cards” will not be used (removed from the deck).
* There will be a deck of cards at each station, you will draw your own card then the Dealer will record the card drawn on your Game Sheet.
* If a player draws a card that they already have,the player must re-draw. NO one player can have any cards that are duplicates (if you draw the seven of clubs and you already have the seven of clubs on your Game Sheet, then you must put the card back and re-draw another card). * Decision of the Dealers are final *
* Each Rider must have a Game Sheet, and this must be filled in by the Dealers, not by the Rider. In order to ensure there are no disputes about what cards a Rider actually drew there needs to be a clear record of each card drawn. It is the Riders’ responsibility to check their score sheet before leaving each checkpoint, to ensure that the card they drew is correctly recorded on their score sheet. ** Recorded card by Dealers are final **
* The Game Sheet will make it easy for both the Riders and the Dealers to clearly see duplicate cards and which hand is the best.
* In case of a tie, there will be a draw for High Card to determine the winner. ALL Decisions of the Dealers are FINAL!
* IF playing more than one hand, the Rider must present the appropriate Game Sheet to be marked BEFORE each card is drawn.
* Players are allowed to buy one extra card draw, at the final stop before the Game Card is turned in. If you so dare, do you want to “pay” the price of $5? (example: pick the card you want to replace and then draw your new card)
To see the current Mule Days Schedule of events go to the Home Page
If you have any questions please see our contact page for the Poker Ride Chairman